It's been a long time, hasn't it? So much has happened. A lot of it has made me very sad and some of it has shown some progress. Christmas has come and gone and it was very different this year. John Andrew is gone from us and so is Dede's Daughter-in-Law's Mom, Faye. People have been taken from us that we didn't want to go away. Little children have been killed in Newtown, Connecticut and nothing seems to be happening about it. It has caused Dede to talk a lot about John Andrew.
John Andrew was my good friend. I loved being in his room. He didn't talk very well and sometimes he sounded harsh because he was trying to make himself understood. But I understood what he said. He really loved me and called me "Girl". Of course, that's not my name, but I liked it that he called me that. Sometimes I didn't want to leave his room and he would say, "Now, Girl, it's time to go help Dede. I'll see you later." I wish I could see him now. Sometimes I get sad when I know he's not here, but then Dede and I talk about his Spirit still being with us.
I like it when Dede talks about John Andrew's Spirit. She says his heart was pure. She says that he was the best person she ever knew and I know that really means a lot because she always said that the only Saints she ever knew were her Aunt Edna and her Grandpa Tillery. To put John Andrew in their company is a great thing. I know she is right because Cats know good people and John was a good person.
Dede got very sad awhile ago when she was listening to the President speaking about the children at Newtown. She said that she had three six year olds years ago and one is now gone. It is painful to lose a child after sixty years, but how much more painful never to see a child live to be sixty. I understand that. I truly understand how Dede feels. I don't like to see her so sad, but I heard someone say that Joy comes in the morning. I think I'm ready for that morning to come. I'll write more soon. I have much more to say about John Andrew and Dede and the things that have happened to all of us in the past months. Until then,Love from Me. Mab, Author of Talk To The Paw
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.