Saturday, June 9, 2012

MITT

MITT

I've told you about the three Cats that regularly show up in our backyard.
The black one, Basement Cat, could be a fig newton of my imagination.
Dede has never seen him, which leads me to believe he might not be real.
I certainly hope not. He scares the chicken gravy out of me.
He doesn't walk. He slinks.
He is so black that he is blue and his eyes are red.
I really don't care to discuss him further.
The other two Cats are a different matter.

The first Cat is Mittens (at least that's what I call him
because he has two very elegant white front paws,
but I call him "Mitt" for short). He is very handsome.
He looks a lot like me. In fact, we could be brother and sister.
He lives in a big house down the street.
It has a big yard and I think it has a pool in the backyard.
There are two new cars in his driveway.
I suspect he has never wanted for any Cat toys or Cat treats ever in his life.
He is very well groomed and well fed
and looks a bit spoiled to me.

The other Cat, Spike, on the other hand, lives in the opposite direction.
He is not very handsome and looks as though he has been shaved.
He is brownish in color and has sprigs of fur on his head and body.
He is thin and always looks hungry.
I haven't seen his house, but I suspect it doesn't look anything like Mitt's.

Whenever Mitt and Spike meet in my backyard, Mitt wants to fight.
He calls Spike bad names in language only the three of us can understand.
(I find that most people don't speak Cat --  a terrible gap in their education.
It would make things so much simpler for all of us if they would learn it.
I speak English very well, so you would think Dede would learn to speak Cat.
I can onl think that she is just lazy. But I digress.)
Because I am fluent in Cat, I understand Mitt and his bad manners.
He calls names, tells lies and thinks he owns the neighborhood.


Before I realized what Mitt was doing, I didn't like Spike
and wanted to fight him myself.
Now I feel sorry for Spike and would help him if I could.
Dede suggested that we put out food for Spike.
(I said to her, "Are you out of your tiny little mind? Mitt will just come
and eat it and Spike won't get any! You must be crazy!" But I digress)
Perhaps  my friend, Hank, who is running for Senate, could help Spike.
Maybe Spike could run for Senate, too.
If Mitt runs for Senate, I will work to defeat him.
Liars and cheats should not be elected to anything.
Perhaps there's something I can do.
I'll think about it and let you know what I decide.

Love from Me. Mab.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Spike! I think you should have Dede watch for when only Spike is around and feed him then. Mitt sounds like a real bully and an ignoramus, to boot. Reminds me of another "Mitt" who's getting a lot of press lately. I'll bet he'd say ugly things to Spike, too.

    ReplyDelete