Friday, May 25, 2012
THE CANCER SCARE (II)
Dede and I had many long talks during which I stressed her dependence upon me and the Rules I would give her.
The following are a few of those rules:
(1) Courage above all things followed by a well-defined sense of humor.
(2) Pay attention to all instructions and follow them to the letter. Do not question. Do not second guess. Do not whine or complain.
(3) Choose a group of trusted persons who will pray, support and believe in a good outcome. These people should be friends and should have been through a bad time in their life, but have come through it and were better and stronger. (She chose what we called her "Spiritual Sisters": Cheryl, Carol, Cindy, Jean, Virginia, Donna and Melodie. These women were strong, humorous, supportive and always there for Dede and for me. They played a very important part in our success.)
(4) I knew that our family would be instrumental in our eventual victory. My GodCat was the Leader of this group. She was there every minute. Dede would not be here but for her devotion. My friend, Michael, was very important in this process. He helped in many, many ways and Sarah, our Godgranddaughter, was a mainstay. My good friends, Bill and Sharron, called every day and I was able to report our progress. All were wonderful and helped in my job as Spiritual Guide more than I can say.
(5) I advised Dede that the two of us would write on her Facebook every day. We would be funny and encouraging to others who might be traveling the same road.
Then the real job began. The medical report follows. (continued)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment