DEDE'S ADVICE
Dede says that if I'm going to write a Blog, I should have
some sort of mantra or saying that guides my thoughts.
For once, I think she's right.
She said that maybe I should write down quotes that I like and use those as a guide.
So I did.
I wrote:
"Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it."
Edmund Burke, 1729-1797
Then I wrote a few by Winston Churchill:
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something,
sometime in your life."
"Fanaticism consists in redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim.""
"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. Ignorance may deride it.
But, in the end, there it is."
Frankly, I like all of them. So I have decided that from time-to-time,
I will use each of them.
I said that I would write about politics and the arts and just about
anything that interests me and one of those things is
civility or the lack thereof.
And I hate to be blunt, but another thing that troubles me is
lies. I HATE LIES AND LIARS!!
(and there's a lot of that going around these days!)
I'm not sure I will have any answers, but I will have lots of questions
and I invite you to ask questions of your own and offer suggestions.
Stay tuned.
Love from Me. Mab.
No comments:
Post a Comment