Monday, May 21, 2012

CHAPTER THREE

The New Braunfels Saga

 Before I moved to my new apartment in
New Braunfels,
I decided to research the person who would be my roommate.
As soon as I moved in, I noticed pictures of
other Cats on the wall.
One was a beautiful butterscotch-colored Male
and
one was a lovely black and white Female.
I soon learned that the Male was named Bubba and
the Female was named Emma.
I found that they had moved with Dede from her home in
Lake Jackson, Texas to South Pasadena, California.
She had moved there to live with her family --
my GodCat Deborah and her husband, Michael
and their two children, Simon and Sarah.
I learned that they were happy there, but Dede's Mommy
asked that they come back to Texas to care for her.
So Dede packed up John (more about him later),
Emma and Bubba and returned to Texas.

New Braunfels was hot and dry and  they missed
California.
After they had been there for awhile, Bubba,
the handsome Male Kitty, became ill.
He told Dede that he would have to leave her,
but not to worry as he was going to
The Rainbow Bridge
to wait for her.
Emma missed Bubba as only a Sister can miss her Brother.
Dede was very sad.
Soon after that, Emma joined Bubba at
The Rainbow Bridge
and Dede was desolate and said she would never again
have a Kitty.
That is when Deborah and Sarah came and said,
"Don't be stupid. Of course you'll get another Kitty."
And that is when the adventure at the Adoption Day began.
And here I am doing my best to save Dede from herself.
(Dede often speaks about Emma and how wonderful
she was.
Frankly, I am sick of hearing about her -- so much so
that I have begun calling her "the sainted Emma".
She can't have been that great and I always want to say,
"Oh, puleeeze, give me a large break!"
But I digress.)

Aside from the fact that we got to see all of the
San Antonio Spurs games
and watch lots of Texas football,
New Braunfels was pretty boring.
Of course there was the excitement of the snake in the house.
Dede had bought a new recliner
and
a snake got in the house and crawled up in the recliner,
I can only assume it meant to recline.
Dede was so freaked out that she sold the recliner
to the people next door.
I told her that she should have charged them extra for the snake!
I was glad she sold it because I hated the color anyway.
Then Dede's  Mommy got sick and I will tell you
about that in the next thrilling chapter.
(I realize you can hardly contain your excitement!)










 



No comments:

Post a Comment