Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The New House

THE NEW HOUSE

I had never seen Dede so happy as she was on the day we moved.
To be away from the noise and threats was a great relief to both of us.
It had reached the point that when the people next door had friends in, they, too, would yell ugly things at us.
(I never told Dede, but I even found the remains of half-smoked
cigarettes that had been thrown over our patio wall.
Some of them looked suspiciously like pot,
but we had been warned that they took drugs and smoked pot
so it was not surprising.)
Before we found our great new house,
I begged Dede to go back to New Braunfels,
but she said that we were not moving again.
I'm so happy we didn't go back.
The house she found is wonderful!
The patio that would become my new 'playhouse' was enclosed
by the house and a stone wall, but opened to the back yard.
Dede asked the agent if it would be okay if she enclosed the patio, and since he is not only the agent, but also owns the house,
he agreed and so it was done.
It is a charming place, with a beautiful tile table and chairs, and
lots of plants and succulents and hanging baskets.
The house is large and has a lovely living room/dining room
combination and Dede has recently bought a beautiful white table
and chairs for the dining area. You can look out the double doors to
 the outside. Many of the floors are stone and John has a huge room
and private bathroom large enough to roll his wheelchair around.
Even though I had prayed to The Creator to have Basement Cat
destroy the man next door, He wisely allowed Ceiling Cat
to take care of it and so we are very happy here and I don't feel that
I have blood on my paws.
(For those of you who do not know about Ceiling Cat and
Basement Cat, I will explain in another blog.)
More later. Love from Me. Mab.

No comments:

Post a Comment